There are five reasons The Voice beats American Idol.
1. A genuine commitment to finding the best voices which means an elimination round that we don’t even see.
2. An audition round in which contestants sing onstage and in front of an audience testing their readiness for that kind of pressure.
3. The judges. And by the judges, I mean Cee-Lo’s awesome talking head moments that include his white cat.
4. Eliminations from the judges even when the audience starts voting.
5. Carson Daly (I know. I KNOW.)
So, The Voice is my new t.v. obsession, and I already have a favorite contestant. Dude can SING. All the judges should have pushed their damn buttons.